Niles, Illinois, Family Lawyer
Cook County Child Custody Lawyer and Family Law Attorney
The Law Offices of Janice L. Berman is focused on providing high legal services to individuals and families in Chicago, Illinois, and throughout the surrounding suburbs. We are a general practice with an emphasis on family law. We help our clients find real-life solutions to their legal problems by providing honest evaluations and then working towards an agreed-upon solution.
We offer a flat fee for an uncontested divorce. When couples agree, this can be a quick and cost-effective option. We facilitate the process and advise clients about the short and long-term consequences of their decisions.
In the area of family law, we represent clients in the following legal areas:
- Divorce — either contested or uncontested marriage dissolution
- Child custody — helping arrive at a child custody determination that is in the best interest of the child and protecting your parental rights
- Division of property — divisions of marital assets and liabilities, including retirement plans and the family home
- Child support — understanding child support determinations and attending to child support modifications when necessary
- Maintenance / spousal support / alimony — acting as the advocate for either the paying or receiving spouse in spousal support determinations
- Guardianships — tending to the legal needs of children, vulnerable adults or others who may need a guardian or guardian ad litem
- Adoption — arranging for stepparent, grandparent or in-family adoptions
- Paternity — determining paternity for child support or child custody determinations
- Domestic violence — representing the plaintiff or the accused and orders for protection matters
- Pre-nuptial agreements — drafting an agreement that will stand up in court later, if and when it is needed
Chicago General Practice Law Firm
Many of our family law clients ask us to represent them in other areas of law that are commonly needed. Our law firm also represents individuals with estate planning needs or real estate transactions.
- Estate Planning — including wills, living wills, simple trusts and probate
- Real Estate — primarily real estate title closings
Respect and Honest Advice
As your law firm of choice, we’ll provide you with honest evaluations about your situation and the realistic chances you have to achieve your goals. We’ll also provide you with the accessibility and responsiveness you need from a lawyer.
Contact Niles family law attorney Janice L. Berman or call 847-292-9900. We look forward to helping you.